Islam's mask is slipping. And in spite of absurd denials by presidents and prime ministers, bishops and priests, more and more Christians are waking up to the truth about the "religion of peace":
- Islam is a false religion, and Muhammad was a false prophet;
- Islam is innately violent and supremacist, and has been so from its creation fourteen hundred years ago, as evidenced by the Quran, the Sira, and hadiths about Muhammad;
- Islam is dangerous, and has become a global threat to all non-Muslims;
- Islam especially targets Christians and Jews, as evidenced in the Quran, etc.
- The Islamic State is drawing large numbers of Muslims to its ranks from all around the globe, including from Europe and North America, due to its adherence to pure, orthodox Islam, and especially due to its apocalyptic, eschatological orientation. (See articles by Timothy Furnish.)
While it is perhaps easy for Christians to see the resurgence of pure Islam as a sign of the dark times we have entered into, I believe it is also a sign for those Muslims who are shocked and fearful to discover through such horrific headlines just what their religion and prophet really teach.
Here are just a few current headlines:
That such pure evil is unleashed upon the world is indeed a sign of the end times. But what are we to do? What does this sign mean?
Clearly it is a call to repentance, for Christians first but also for Muslims.
Christians, and especially Orthodox Christians who have received the fullness of the apostolic faith, are being called to repent and live an authentic Christian life in Christ and His Church. If we are friends with the world, then we are at enmity with God. In the words of Fr Seraphim Rose:
"Now one cannot be a half-hearted Christian. Only entirely, or not at all."
Put in its apocalyptic context, the beheading of Christians by the Islamic State is a sign and a warning to us to strive to be faithful witnesses and confessors of Jesus Christ, in all our deeds, words and thoughts, that we may be found worthy of Him at His Return.
But the meaning of this sign for Muslims is also a call to repent.
Just as we Christians must repent of our lukewarmness and our easy friendship with the world, so Muslims who in their heart of hearts long to know the truth and honor God must repent of their false religion and false prophet, and turn to the True God, who sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to restore us to the Father, granting us to be co-heirs with Him, even co-reigning with Him, even unto becoming partakers of the divine nature. Muhammad and Allah lower you to the level of mere slave. But in Christ we are no longer enslaved, but are set free, becoming children of God. This is the high calling that is offered to everyone who turns to Jesus Christ.
To Muslims and Christians alike, the Lord calls us to Himself, that He may save us and strengthen us for the horrific tribulations yet to come, and grant us eternal life.
Let us all run to an Orthodox Christian church, turn to the priest, confess our sins, and prepare for trials, for it is coming quickly...