Resources on Hieromonk Seraphim (Rose) of Platina
New for 2019
- Fr Seraphim Rose - Russian Documentary w/English Subtitles — This excellent film has been out for a few years, but only recently was it given English subtitles by the Russian Faith website. Includes transcript and additional links...
- “I LEARNED FROM HIM HOW TO LIVE AND HOW TO DIE” - How Fr. Seraphim (Rose) Influenced the Life of One Future Priest.
New for 2017
- This video combines images of Fr Seraphim (many of them quite rare) with reflections by Fr Peter Heers of the veneration of Fr Seraphim in Greece, from his podcast 'Postcards from Greece' on Ancient Faith Radio:
New for 2016
- Nurtured by the Holy Fathers: Lessons from the life and works of Fr. Seraphim Rose: Two new collections of talks on the life and significance of Blessed Hieromonk Seraphim of Platina by hierarchs, clergy, and some of his spiritual children provide a wealth of insights into, and spiritual lessons from, this revered and beloved Orthodox struggler and spiritual father.
- Topical Writings of Hieromonk Seraphim of Platina, collected by Classical Christianity: Eastern Orthodoxy for Today
- An Unpublished Life of Fr. Seraphim Rose, written by his Godfather
- Fr. Seraphim Rose's Monastery - A Photographic Pilgrimage
- St. Herman's Monastery celebrates 33rd Anniversary of Repose of Fr. Seraphim Rose
Akathist to Blessed Father Seraphim Rose - This is a small publication I created a few years years ago, available for online ordering. The actual text for the Akathist is from an online source which is no longer available. It is a very edifying composition in the traditional akathist form, complete with troparion and kontakion to Blessed Father Seraphim, and I am very glad that I thought to preserve it. Now I feel it my duty to make it more widely available in booklet form.
The Veneration of Fr Seraphim Rose - An original article I wrote, charting the popular and ecclesial veneration of Fr Seraphim throughout the Orthodox Church. Included as a foreword in the booklet, Akathist to Blessed Fr Seraphim Rose.
Fr Seraphim Rose on Islam - Fr Seraphim didn't write much about Islam, or did he? A look at Fr Seraphim's teaching on the Monotheistic Religions, and how he might have approached the challenge of Islam.
Books by Fr Seraphim Rose - Direct link to St Herman of Alaska Press, the monastery press co-founded by Fr Seraphim, and publisher of his writings. Includes the epic biography by Hieromonk Damascene, Fr Seraphim Rose, His Life and Works.
Fr Seraphim Rose Speaks: Excerpts from His Writings - An assortment of links to numerous articles and homilies by and about Fr Seraphim. Very edifying materials collected for easy reference.
'Seeker of the Truth' — In Memory of Fr Seraphim Rose - "Father Seraphim departed to the Lord on September 2, 1982... In honor of this day, Pravoslavie.ru has asked several pastors of the Russian Orthodox Church to talk about what Father Seraphim means to them."
'Do Not Be Hearers Only' — Podcasts and Recordings of Fr Seraphim Rose - Links to recorded talks by Fr Seraphim, plus reflections on his life and significance by his spiritual children and others.
VIDEO: 20th Anniversary of the Repose of Hieromonk Seraphim Rose - Recorded during the 2002 pilgrimage at St Herman of Alaska Monastery in Platina, California. Features a sermon by Fr Thomas Hopko, and talks by Hieromonk Damascene (now abbot of St Herman's) and Schema-Hieromonk Ambrose (Young), and others.
The Blessings of Meeting Fr Seraphim Rose - A heartfelt and revealing reminiscence by Archimandrite Nektarios Serfes, who Fr Seraphim visited on his cross-country trip to give a talk at Holy Trinity Monastery in Jordanville in December 1979.
|The faithful venerate Fr Seraphim at his grave at St Herman Monastery, Platina CA.|
Solzhenitsyn's Prophetic Voice — Biographer Joseph Pearce Discusses Critic of Communism - A fine companion piece to Solzhenitsyn's 1978 Harvard Commencement Address (see below). Fr Seraphim saw Aleksander Solzhenitsyn as a pivotal observer of our time, and spoke and wrote extensively about him and his message.
Solzhenitsyn's 1978 Harvard Commencement Address (Video and Text) - An essential and prophetic analysis of our age, which Fr Seraphim referred to often.
The Time to 'Walk the Walk' is Upon Us, by Archpriest John Moses - A stirring essay in the spirit of Fr Seraphim's famous 'word': "Now one cannot be a half-hearted Christian, but only entirely or not at all."
Additional Posts referring to Fr Seraphim Rose - As regular readers of this blog have likely noticed, I occasionally reference Fr Seraphim Rose in my comments on current events, theological articles, and other posts. This link will bring up all posts labeled with 'Fr Seraphim Rose'.